Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney

Default Link to my WR Smith skeleton clock (finally finished)

Very nice, Dave! Thanks for sharing.

Bob Swinney
"Dave Edwards" wrote in message
Hi Group,
www.anticlan.com/clock/index

I built this clock as a 50th anniversary gift for my Parents. I had the
thing up and running (but not polished...still looked good) and I invited
them out to my house last April to see it. My Mom was in the later stages
of Parkinson's, and in a wheelchair. She couldn't get up to take a close
look, but she loved it! My Dad, too.
Soon after, they moved to North Carolina to a retirement community.
Sadly, my Mother was very ill from the start down there and she passed
away in July. I'm just glad she had a chance to see the clock.
It hung on my wall keeping excellent time until just before Christmas. I
was going south to see my Dad over the holiday, so I spent a couple weeks
polishing and lacquering the brass and finishing the walnut base. I
installed the clock on the wall of my Father's apartment the day after
Christmas. He tells me it's running good.
I really enjoyed building the clock. In fact, I got Bill Smith's
Grasshopper Skeleton clock book about a month ago.
I am indebted to many members of r.c.m. for bits of advice I picked up
from you whenever I got stuck along the way. Thanks too, to John Shadle
of onlineclockbuilding.com for answering a couple questions about gear
cutting that had me stumped. It was also from his site that I got the
instructions for building gear cutters. They work great and it's worth a
trip to his site to see his beautiful work.

Thanks all,
Nok