Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.finance
dennis@home

Default Compulsory water metering

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
Not that I agree with the rules regarding top posting or that we
shouldn't use html for posts either. Its only the users who insist on
being traditional (old fashioned) that think we should restrict the
world to using plain *ASCII* text rather than rich html.

If you gave a tiny bit of thought about the storage needed for HTLM
against plain text on the news servers - and want it to remain a free
service - you'd have your answer.

Also, it's designed to be a service for all the world, and not everyone
has 'free' broadband connection.

Html *is* text and doesn't take up a vast amount of space.
More is wasted by peoples stupid and pointless sigs.