Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

Default Solar Panels

On 5 Mar 2006 07:48:31 -0800, wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
On 4 Mar 2006 19:09:13 -0800,
wrote:
Mike Halmarack wrote:

I'm feeling. Can all these local fitters of solar panels be mistaken
or misinformed.

yes, obviously. We spend our lives in ignorance in most areas, it would
take numerous lifetimes to learn everything in the world. And many make
no attempt to learn any of it.

So, if this is the case, those agencies paying out grants to encourage
this alternative energy use are equally ignorant and deluded?

Are you going to tell us that political decisions cant be wrong? That
would be ignorant and deluded.

Considering events over the last few years it seems clear to me that
political decisions can't be wrong, whether I believe so or not. In
fact I've never witnessed and rarely read of such a consistent level
of infallibility. Perfection like this can only have a divinely
inspired source. Flack jackets and tin hats all round eh?

A look at the basic relevant concepts quickly shows that offering
grants for solar PV or HW is an unsuccessful practice in terms of
either money or energy saving.

It does however get votes and win popular approval, from the large
numbers of folk that dont know much about it.

For which of those reasons are the grants made? I couldnt tell you, but
since the cost/energy equation is fairly clear to anyone famiilar with
the skills to asess such, each of us can draw our own conclusions as to
where the politicians are at.

What I always find so puzzling is depsite the fairly obvious fact that
none of us are expert in any more than a few areas in life, and most in
none, people find it so hard to admit ignorance! Either in themselves,
those they put on pedestals, or even the general public.

For most subject areas, an expert can spend their whole life studying
the field and still not know it all. And there are masses and masses of
such subject areas. The result of this is not hard to work out.

That depends on whether you believe in reincarnation, with the
ability to carry over the balance.

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack