Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Deburring copper pipe

"Cicero" wrote in message
news

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"PM" writes:
I bought a deburring tool
(http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=13315) and although
there's
only one way it can work - shove it in the pipe, turn - I'm not getting
satisfactory results. The tool does shave off copper, but there is still
burr. If I continue until there is no burr, I've removed so much copper
that
the wall at the cut end of the pipe now tapers from the inside out and
is
very thin. In other words the tool removes the 'good' wall of the pipe
as
well as the burr.

When I installed my central heating, I treated myself to a good
quality wheeled pipe cutter. Slotted into the body of it was a
separate deburrer of a type I'd never seen before, and without
any instructions, it took me a few moments to work out how to
use it, but it's brilliant once you have. I can't see the same
make anywhere on the web, but this one is the same principle:

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/234-1522

One nice thing about it is the burr comes off in one piece
(with a bit of practice), which you can capture and prevent
from ending up inside the pipework. I used it for the whole
heating system, water and gas pipes, and the original blade
still works fine (although I had to replace the wheeled
cutter blade near the end of the job).

When practising, be careful so that if the tool slips out of
the end of the pipe, you don't end up jabbing it in your eye.
That looked worrying easy to do by accident.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Much cheaper he https://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=040213421

Just use a cone cutter on a drill/driver. It takes seconds and a perfect
edge to the end of the pipe.