Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

Default Warning!! Dangerous design flaw in the 2006 Jeep Wranglers!!

well, let me defend Chrysler, in a somewhat underhanded way- on my web
page (www.wbnoble.com) in the hobbies section you will find photos of
two chrysler products that have been pretty reliable, a 1951 dodge and
a 1938 plymouth. The plymouth had fewer failures than the dodge - and
the dodge had some weird ones (like carb float cracking in half due to
metal fatigue), but both cars still run more than 50 years after being
built.

As for clutch linkages - I drove a morgan for a while, quickly learned
to drive without a clutch since it was frequently inop. Have done
same on my 56 porsche, havent had to do so on later cars, though I
have practiced on each one and can do so.

And, the problem that started this thread is NOT NOT NOT a hazard - a
car that does not run is by definition safe - if you are sufficiently
irresponsible to get yourself where the car must run and you have no
way for others to find you, that is a risk you take on your own - the
car could fail to run because you left the lights on too - is that
unsafe?

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 22:05:23 -0500, "ATP*"
wrote:

"Speechless" wrote in message
On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 09:38:44 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 01:43:06 GMT, "Tim" wrote:

Warning!! Dangerous design flaw in the 2006 Jeep Wranglers!!

--snip--

Not really. WWII vintage Jeeps were a man's vehicle, built to be
driven anywhere and everywhere. Today, Jeeps are yard ornaments,
built to look nice when parked in front of your house. Like your
lawn, today's Jeeps are not meant to be seen away from home.

Don't blame DaimlerChrysler. They are only building what wussy
consumers want to purchase. Anything more rugged that the company
tried to build, didn't sell, which is why they had to put the
"Diamler" part in front of "Chrysler".

The old Jeeps had their problems as well. My father ran a motor pool in the
1950's and was not all that impressed with the reliability of Jeeps in
peacetime service. As far as Chrysler goes, they just do not build quality
vehicles. The automatic transmissions in particular suck. The Cherokee was a
good concept, which has of course been copied and improved upon by quite a
few more quality oriented manufacturers. It's too bad they don't make better
vehicles because they have been coming up with some nice designs.

Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com