Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Warning!! Dangerous design flaw in the 2006 Jeep Wranglers!!

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 19:48:29 -0800, "Glenn"
wrote:

"Neil Nelson" wrote in message
In article ,
"Glenn" wrote:
snip
Chrysler has a penchant
for making the LRU as big as possible .. like making the voltage
regulator
for the alternator part of the main computer. a $20 part on most
vehicles
becomes a $400 part and a weeks wait for replacement.

Nothing stopping you from hanging a $20 voltage regulator and
bypassing the one in the main computer...

True .. but you have to replae the alternator to get there and it leaves the
fault lights on on the dash. Not a problem for me .. I wouldn't even
consider a Chrysler product for my own use.
Glenn

A lady friend of mine came over the other night..her LP lights, trunk
ajar light and center brake light were doing wierd ****..including
dimming the headlights when she hit the brake pedal.

Found the wiring loom between the trunk lid and the inside of the
trunk broken, shorted and the insulation cracked in at least 5
different places..with one wire broken clean and shorting others
already bare.

I think Ford is gonna have a real problem on their hands over this
one. The loom was well supported, nothing was pinching or abused and
in fact..the exterior cover of the loom showed no flaws or marks.

35,000 miles on the clock. 2003 Escort IRRC

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3