Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Czarczastic

Default Looking for a 3 or 4 jaw chuck for Jet Mini!

Thomas:
It's not $50 any more, its $90, but this is the chuck they were talking
about:
http://www.pennstateind.com/store/cmg3c.html

I had one for about 2 years. Gave it to a friend after I got my Supernova2.
Never knew what I was missing until I got a good chuck.
The CMG3C works, but that's about it. I agree with the other comments that
you would be better off getting a good chuck to begin with. For the $60
more, the Barracuda2 is a much better choice (if you can wait until they
actually have any in stock).

Best of luck.

-Steven

"Thomas Clark" wrote in message
ink.net...
I've been looking through magazines and searching on the web for an
inexpensive jaw chuck for the Jet Mini lathe I just got. Does anyone know
where I can get one for less than $150? I read an article from Wood
magazine November 2004 about a four jaw chuck that Pennstateind had for

$50.
But they don't carry it anymore. Where can I get a similar one?

Thanks

Thomas Clark
Harmony Hearts
http://home.earthlink.net/~harmonyhearts/cherry-tree/