Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

Default Solar Panels

michaelangelo7 wrote in message
oups.com...
Just come back from Tenerife and it looks like Solar Panels are being
encouraged with a 30% government grant over there.Fair dues,but are
they a prospect in our climate?
Has anyone got any unbiased opinions regarding installing Solar Panels
in UK ?

my biased opinion is that at this moment in time the commercial made/fitted
versions are still not economically viable in England.
However I have a Heath Robinson diy job on my roof
Today clear sky and some sunshine; outside temp was 5c, water from the mains
was 7c, water from the solar panels 18c
Not a huge gain but still worth while, summer time temp can be anything
upto 60c +.
Ive also got eight 6ft panel's that heat the swimming pool in the summer, in
July 2004 the temp reached 40c and people were complaining it was too Hot
!

-