Posted to rec.woodworking
Henry Q. Bibb

Default Working with the Vega Fence

In article .com,
says...
I've had a 26" Vega utility fence (wish I would have gotten the 30"
pro) on a Delta contractor saw for about a year and a half. I think the
fence is great in so far as the accuracy and ease of adjustment. The
only problem I've had is outfitting the saw with anything else. I
cannot attach an outfeed table because of the back rail and having a
tube instead of a front rail prohibits mounting a side table kit(with
router insert). I suppose I can see different ways of mounting a side
table but does anyone have any ideas for the outfeed table (or attached
roller table) before I change to a bessy.

One other thing. What are your thoughts about toeing the fence a
degree or two (thickness of a business card) out.

FWIW, I've got one on a Sears saw, and I have both a folding outfeed
table a la Woodsmith, and a right-side extension table with router
insert. I do have the 50" rails on mine. Vega included some tabs
that bolted to the front & rear rails and a plan for building the
extension table.

Henry Bibb