Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

Default Warning!! Dangerous design flaw in the 2006 Jeep Wranglers!!

Jim Stewart wrote:

Gunner wrote:
On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 01:43:06 GMT, "Tim" wrote:

Warning!! Dangerous design flaw in the 2006 Jeep Wranglers!!

The 2006 six speed Jeep Wrangler has a very dangerous design flaw. New for
the 2006 Jeep Wrangler is the six speed transmissions and what I have
recently learned the "hard way" is part of the redesign includes the clutch
assembly. The clutch rod comes out of the floor board and attaches to the
clutch pedal with a clip/attachment that bolts onto the clutch pedal. The
problem here is as part of their new design the clip or attachment piece is
made of "plastic" and I found that it can break very easily and disable your
Jeep.

Without being a materials engineer or a design
engineer on the project I think it would be hard
to tell if this were a design flaw or a defective
part.

Just because a part is "plastic" doesn't automatically
make it a design flaw. Furthermore, I think the
definition of "dangerous" in this useage should not
include "leaving you stranded". I acknowledge that
"Tim" has medical needs, but he still needs to take
the steps to insure his safety even if he does get
stranded, for whatever reason.

Plastic doesn't automatically mean a design flaw since quality
engineering plastics can be plenty strong, however this being a part on
an automobile and quality plastics being expensive, there is a high
probability that it is a cost cutting design flaw.

Pete C.