Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

Default Solar Panels

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 17:19:30 +0000, David Hansen
wrote:

On 3 Mar 2006 15:31:26 -0800 someone who may be "michaelangelo7"
wrote this:-

Just come back from Tenerife and it looks like Solar Panels are being
encouraged with a 30% government grant over there.Fair dues,but are
they a prospect in our climate?

They are more than a prospect. Whether you are talking about hot
water or electricity generating panels they are already fitted to
some houses. One of the companies offering such things is
http://www.imaginationsolar.com

Grants in England and Wales are currently in what might be called a
state of flux. http://www.solartwin.com will explain the fears of
one installation company.

Has anyone got any unbiased opinions regarding installing Solar Panels
in UK ?

Unbiased? Unlikely, we are all biased in many ways.

Views? Use a search engine on this newsgroup and uk.environment and
you will get a whole range of views.

I live in central Scotland and I'm beginning to see a lot of solar
panels on domestic roofs. Living here, I see months of grey skies or
long periods of brilliant blue winter skies, perhaps depending on how
I'm feeling. Can all these local fitters of solar panels be mistaken
or misinformed. Trouble is, there are no views that are more
entrenched than those of vested interest or pseudo-expertise. Only
wish I could get invited into the comforting embrace of either group.
:-)
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack