Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default Solar Panels

On 3 Mar 2006 15:31:26 -0800 someone who may be "michaelangelo7"
wrote this:-

Just come back from Tenerife and it looks like Solar Panels are being
encouraged with a 30% government grant over there.Fair dues,but are
they a prospect in our climate?

They are more than a prospect. Whether you are talking about hot
water or electricity generating panels they are already fitted to
some houses. One of the companies offering such things is
http://www.imaginationsolar.com

Grants in England and Wales are currently in what might be called a
state of flux. http://www.solartwin.com will explain the fears of
one installation company.

Has anyone got any unbiased opinions regarding installing Solar Panels
in UK ?

Unbiased? Unlikely, we are all biased in many ways.

Views? Use a search engine on this newsgroup and uk.environment and
you will get a whole range of views.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh