Harold & Susan Vordos

Default Disaster

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Gunner says...

Hmm. An inverter large enough to run the refrigerator. Intersting
idea. Must look into that, thanks. The 'internet as news'
concept makes perfect sense as well.

Jim

It won't take you long to figure out how bad that idea is. What's the
wattage of a refrigerator, even a small one? Do the math and discover how
much amperage you'd have to pull from your battery to run the refrigerator.
Battery life would be very short.

Years ago I built a 12V generator for our boat, which had two small electric
refrigerators aboard. I added two batteries to the boat and had to run the
generator several hours each day to keep the batteries up. The
refrigerators pulled only 5½ amps each, but in the hot environment of Lake
Powell, they ran continually.

Harold