Posted to rec.woodworking
George Berlinger

Default Woodslicer band blades from Highland Hardware

I,ve used the woodslicer for re-sawing, it works really good for me. Smooth
cuts n the saw isn,t working hard.
I use 1/4" Timber Wolf for my general bandsaw cutting, fast n works
good, better than the 3/8" Sears blade i had been using. I have 14"
Powermatic bandsaw, n keep the tension off when not in use.
Only bad thing now is, my dog "snowball" passed on; he was 14-1/2
yrs....American Eskimo, minature(17#)
he used to carry my scraps around n play in the shop....good dog....will
miss him...

George...
"Leon" wrote in message
om...

"arw01" wrote in message
oups.com...
My woodslicer is also much smoother than the timberwolf. BUT the TW is
about 2x as fast on my bandsaw. If one is cutting veneer, or real
close to final thickness the woodslicer is the way to go. For my
workbench out of dunage, the TW was much quicker.

Now, I left the Woodslicer under tension, which I also do to the TW,
and it broke a ways from the weld. A local sharpening shop re-welded
it, but I have not yet reinstalled into my bandsaw.

Alan

Do you have any experience with the Laguna Resaw King?