tim

Default New Electrical Regs

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

"No-one" wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 07:37:02 +0100, PoP
wrote:

I understand that the new regs will imply that any electrical work
undertaken will require a certificate to be issued. Question is, who
is going to be accepted as qualified to issue these certificates?

Not wishing to appear too simplistic [:-))] but will this mean that
something like changing a faceplate over a socket will be covered ?

According to the NIC inspector I use, you will be able to change the socket
faceplate without a certificate but if you change a socket from single to
double you are performing an installation and so need a certificate.

Well let us hope that all 'inspectors' aren't this clueless then.

AIUI the installation of a complete new spur is a 'small modification'
under the new rules and as such does not need certification, so
changing a face plate most certainly doesn't.

However, (and yes I know this record is worn out), it is this
'loophole' that will make the incident of wrong installations more
likely with the new rules as now unknowledgeable people will
install spurs for themselves because the cost of having a
'professional' do the work will be unaffordable due to the costs
of the new regs

tim
..

Adam