Tom Quackenbush

Default Disaster

jim rozen wrote:
SNIP

Hmm. Brings up a good point. Truism: quiet generators are
more expensive. But the noisy ones give you more watts/dollar.

I would like to be able to run the oil-fired boiler in my house
during a winter-time power outage (which runs off a 15 amp
ckt, not counting the surge loads), and possibly a refrigerator
during a summertime outage.

SNIP

You might want to look at the Honda "EU" series. They have a
built-in inverter, which allows the engine to run at different speeds,
depending on the load. They also have wiring kits available that allow
you to connect 2 units in parallel.

I bought an EU2000 last year and like it very much. Very, very quiet
and small enough to toss in the truck (one-handed, even) if I need to
use power tools away from the house.

They are pricey. Also note that the model number indicates surge
power rating, not continuous (the EU2000 is rated at 1600W,
continuous)

Some more info:
http://www.mayberrys.com/honda/gener...tgenerator.htm

R,