Udie

Default Best bargain in hand tools?

Their old tools were very good! I have my fathers old Crescent adjustable
wrench. It was made in the 1930s, and is still in good shape. It has been
used a lot!

Steve R.

"The Hurdy Gurdy Man" wrote in message
JJ wrote:

Some of the Costco tool sets are really nice deals. They had a
Crescent tool set for about $55 that was so nice I wanted to get it
"just because." :-)

How's the quality on that Crescent tool set? They've to a nearly 300

piece
"automotive mechanics" set for around $200 that is exactly the kind of

thing
I'm looking for, but with no demo model out I can't actually hold the

tools
in my hand and determine the quality on them... there's a smaller set in a
plastic case also being sold, and the wrenches it includes look a little
skimpy to me... looks can be deceiving, though. If it's all quality

stuff,
though, I might just go that route. I don't tend to break tools, even the
really crappy ones in the $1 bin from Pep Boys, so even without the "break
'em all you want" sort of Craftsman guarantee behind them I'd be good with
this set assuming it's a quality product.

Bryan