Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.finance
A. Shmendrick

Default Compulsory water metering

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:01:10 -0000, "Adam" wrote:

What I don't understand is why this is a news story at all in 2006. My water
company, Thames Water, installed a water meter at my house about 8 years
ago. I had no choice in this, which in my view means that compulsory water
metering is not exactly new.

The block of flats where my mother lives had meters installed by
Thames Water several years ago, but they never read the meters and
continue to send out bills based on the ratable value.

Last year, they wrote to my mother asking her if she would like to
have a water meter. She phoned them to say that she already had a
water meter, thank you, and that she would be happy to be billed
accordingly. The call centre person she spoke to refused to believe
my mother and declined her invitation to come and have a look at the
meter.

Regards,
--
David Uri.