Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

Default Lead Free solder

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 21:53:05 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
Christian McArdle wrote:
Should I buy a stock of 'proper' solder for my future plumbing needs
before the
stuff with lead in it gets banned?
I've never used leaded solder in plumbing. Lead free is superior in
that it
don't turn your children into retards. There is no reason whatsoever to use
leaded solder. Perhaps you just have a poor torch (i.e. a paint stripping
type Taymar) that isn't suitable for plumbing.
Christian.

Lead solder won't do that half as fast as Nu Laber and tellytubbies
will.

Fix the IMPORTANT things first.

Like ... get rid of prime ministers who listen to the voices in their
head

Wouldn't that make finding a new one a bit difficult??