Posted to uk.d-i-y
Helen Deborah Vecht

Default Compulsory water metering

Guy King typed

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Do you worry about that with your gas and electricity meters?

Yes, and they get replaced from time to time for exactly that reason.

Ours have been replaced once in 43 years.

Really? I'd complain. Our gas meter got changed last year - it was about
a decade old. Not sure how old the leccy meter is though - we've only
been here five years. Bears a sticker "Tested 1989" at which point it
was probably about eighteen years old. I guess it'll get tested again
some time, or replaced with a solid-state one.

Quite.
Both my gas and electricity meters have been changed within the past year.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.