Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default Corrugated fasteners.

wrote:

Absolutely. This design is as old as the hills, and the corrugations
are sharp, and most of them have a slight angle (you can buy them
straight, though) to help draw the joint together. Note that these
come a box of 25 units, carded at 6 in each unit if I am reading this
correctly.

I remember these from my yoot ... seems all the cheapo outdoor furniture
used them (japanese joinery).

You'll also remember the eventual streaky rust stains, like pee running down
a leg.

Now, if Norm was as bad as everyone say's, and was a REAL old time
carpenter, the famous quote would be:

"Just a few corrugated fasteners hammered in to hold it 'til the glue dries"

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05