Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Default Friedland wireless door bell doesn't work - wrong battery?

formulated the question :
Hi,

I had the friedland libra d261 wireless doorbell with plug in chime
working for about a 16 months until it stopped last week. The light in
the bell push was not working so I assumed it was the battery. I bought
a similar coin shaped 3v battery but can't get the damn thing to work.

The battery I bought is a duracell dl2025 3V battery and the one in it
is Newsun CR2032 3V battery.

Does it matter that they're different?

If the doorbell is buggered can I send it back to friedland as the
tlc-direct website (who I bought it from) says friedland have a 3 year
warranty (of course I don't have any proof when or where I bought it!).

I had one recently which didn't like the cold weather, even when the
chimes were right next to it. Remove the push and take it into the
warm, then see if it works.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)