Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Friedland wireless door bell doesn't work - wrong battery?

What a hero! I did exactly the same thing and it worked perfectly.

georgetaylor wrote:
wrote:

Hi,

I had the friedland libra d261 wireless doorbell with plug in chime
working for about a 16 months until it stopped last week. The light in
the bell push was not working so I assumed it was the battery. I
bought a similar coin shaped 3v battery but can't get the damn thing
to work.

The battery I bought is a duracell dl2025 3V battery and the one in it
is Newsun CR2032 3V battery.

Does it matter that they're different?

How are they different?

Does the original battery have a partial plastic cover, and the new one
not?
Had one of these and couldn't find a suitable battery with the plastic
cover, replacement battery with no cover didn't work (it was visibly
shorting out something in the battery compartment) so I sliced off the
cover from the old battery and put it on the new one. Worked fine.