Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

"Brian Henderson" wrote in message

It isn't all that hard to keep your finger away from the spinning
knives of death if you think about what you're doing and you use the
standard safety equipment. How much do you want to bet that most of
the woodworkers who have lost fingers were working without a blade
guard?

Honestly, I think you're being a little short-sighted. I certainly don't
agree with Sawstop trying to get its technology mandated, but I can easily
see it's value. There's always going to be the unknown that suddenly appears
to bite you in the ass. The Sawstop to me is the same as a seatbelt in a
car. It's there *if* something unforeseen happens. Nobody, or at least very
few people I know go out driving to be unsafe, yet accidents happen.

As to my opinion on seatbelts for cars, I have a picture that is categorical
evidence that seat belts saves lives ~ my life in this instance.