Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.finance
Nick

Default Compulsory water metering

Gordon wrote:

Nick wrote

The meter reader for my power company made a very large mistake that
implied my usage had doubled. Their computer system didn't flag that
either.

Uh - was that Powergen by any chance?

The first gas meter reading taken at my g/friend's house after Powergen
contracted out their meter reading to Meter Reading Services Ltd
resulted in a bill which was about 3 times what it should have been.

No, I'm in New Zealand, the land of d-i-y and No. 8 fencing wire
to fix anything. I'm in uk.d-i-y because you guys seem to discuss
lots of problems that I have, or that I have already solved.

In recent years, power and gas utilities in NZ have been
privatised and nobody knows which company caters for who.

A digger cut through a gasline next door and I phoned 5 gas
companies to stop the leak, but they all denied responsibility.