Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:52:18 -0500, alexy wrote:

Kinda reminds me of the logic my son used to use when as a young teen
he objected to wearing a helmet and wrist guards while rollerblading
"because I'm not doing tricks, so don't plan to fall". And like the
thousands of woodworkers who haven't yet been hurt at their saws, he
has never been injured in a rollerblading accident

Sorry, there's a reason there is safety equipment. The above is like
saying you don't need to use the saw guard or the splitter or push
sticks, your finger fits between the fence and the blade... sort of...

The safety equipment we have now works just fine, we don't need
another piece of mandatory, expensive equipment, that isn't
demonstrated to be any better than what we have, any more than I'm
sure rollerbladers would be terribly happy to be told they have to
wear full-body baloon-suits, just in case.