Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

"Joe Gorman" wrote in message

I don't recall anything about Sawstop still working for any length of
time after the power goes out to prevent this. The owners manual
http://www.sawstop.com/Cabinet_Saw_Manual.pdf page 11 of 100 says "To
prevent loss of Sawstop protection during coast down, do not turn off
main power until blade has stopped spinning."
UPS for a table saw?

I was referring to a residential power failure, not someone turning off the
main power. It only takes a fraction of a second to cut off a finger. As far
as I know, other than it's safety feature, the sawstop doesn't have a brake,
so it will take a few seconds to spin down.