Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

"Swingman" wrote in message
news
wrote in message

The reality is that now that the technology is commercially available it
will be difficult to legally defend an employer who doesn't take advantage
of it to protect employees from the certainty that accidents happen. And
insurance risk managers will be mandating it, if they are not already
doing
so.

I totally agree and apparently so does Robin Lee.

So, in effect, even if some don't want it, they may not have really a
choice
... a slick position for the patent holder.

I have never been one that thinks that having to buy something that you do
not want is a good idea however this technology is really a good idea. For
me personally I see this working out exactly the same way that seat belts,
air bags, grounded electrical appliances, the "over the blade" TS guard, the
guard on circle saws, the odor added to natural gas, break away hoses on
filling station gas pumps, and most any other safety modification all came
into existance.