Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

wrote in message

I think the saw is properly positioned in the market place. If you
don't need it or want it, you don't have to buy it. What a concept.
And those that do, can. And since some like the concept, that doesn't
make them some kind of candy assed weenie. I would probably have them
if I did more cabinets since I would feel better about they guys
working with a table saw with a blade brake.

The reality is that now that the technology is commercially available it
will be difficult to legally defend an employer who doesn't take advantage
of it to protect employees from the certainty that accidents happen. And
insurance risk managers will be mandating it, if they are not already doing
so.

So, in effect, even if some don't want it, they may not have really a choice
.... a slick position for the patent holder.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05