Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

Brian Henderson wrote:

The biggest problem I have with it is that it's really unnecessary. A
woodworker exercising reasonable caution has nothing to fear from the
tablesaw, and anyone who is so terrified of it probably shouldn't be
using it in the first place. There are thousands and thousands of
woodworkers out there who have all of their fingers and toes after
years of woodworking and they didn't need more than the guards and
splitters that came with the tablesaw.

Kinda reminds me of the logic my son used to use when as a young teen
he objected to wearing a helmet and wrist guards while rollerblading
"because I'm not doing tricks, so don't plan to fall". And like the
thousands of woodworkers who haven't yet been hurt at their saws, he
has never been injured in a rollerblading accident