Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256

Default Artificial grass for home use?

LurfysMa wrote:
Has anyone had a good experience putting in artificial grass in a home
setting?

I am mainly thinking about the back yard. It's a fairly shallow yard
surrounded by tall trees and a two-story house. It doesn't get enough
sun for a really healthy lawn. This is especially true on the side of
the house, which is a narrow strip that gets close to zero sun.

I would like to investigate putting in artificial lawn. Myabe I would
do the side of the house first and see how that goes. If we like that,
we could do the entire back lawn.

We live in the San Francisco bay area. The climate is mild. We have no
pets and the kids are grown, so it won't get a lot of use. Mostly the
occasional garden party.

Here are some links. Any experience with any of these?

http://www.foreverlawninc.com/
http://www.synlawn.com/synlawnhome1.html
http://www.sprinturf.com/

Thanks

Some communities have ordinances against it.

Is $10,000 for a 1000 foot lawn in your budget?