Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default 8-foot fluorescent fixtures???

WConner wrote:
Yes, but it may not always be easy to find them. Assuming you
are willing to look for them it should not be a reason not to get
the 8 foot lamps and it is my guess that they will become more
common not less.

Eight foot bulbs and fixtures were available 35 years ago. They have
not become more common. I happen to have 8' bulbs, the ends for them
and ballasts but not the complete fixture. Wish you lived close, I do
not plan to use them and need the space. Not interested in trying to
ship the bulbs.
Walt Conner

I was referring to the lamps not the fixtures. I doubt if the fixtures
will become more common as they are not practical for most home uses (I do
have them in my garage) and most people are just not going to consider
them, but as lamp technology is improving for the smaller lamps, that same
technology that is becoming more common for the smaller lamps should be come
more common for the large ones as well.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit