Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB

Default Noisy sump pump check valve

vman922 wrote:
John,

I just had the same problem and there is a solution. A plumbing
company in my area just came out with a Quiet check valve a month ago.

My whole house would shake from the noise created by the check valve.
The noise has dissapeared with this new check valve.

The company is Black Diamond Plumbing. Here is a link to thier web
site:
http://www.blackdiamondplumbing.com/

Hope this helps!!!!

on my pump I put a piece of plastic PVC above the check valve to
function like a hammer arrestor. I also moved the pipe slightly so it
did not but the floor joist. Its quiet now.

--
Thank you,