Posted to rec.woodworking
jimg

Default Delta TS350 10" Table Saw with 1 HP Motor

For the price, that looks like a good saw. However, I would suggest
nothing smaller than a 1.5 hp, especially if you are going to work with
hardwoods. Wait awhile if needed and save up a few more dollars.
Another alternative would be to get a bandsaw, depending on what kind
of woodworking you want to do: furniture - bandsaw, remodeling -
tablesaw.

HTH

Locutus wrote:
After reading some reviews, I think this saw best fits my budget and
immediate needs (since I am a newbie, its hard to identify what my current
needs exactly are). While I personally don't know the difference between a
good saw and a bad saw, I assuming that this a fairly decent saw by reading
the reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

Is there a better saw out there that I am missing in this price range?
($300-$400)

For example, this saw seems to have a lot features and is $70 cheaper.

Any advice/comments are appreciated.