Posted to alt.home.repair
autonut843

Default garage door infrared beam problems when cold

Hi,
Sometimes when closing, my garage door reverses. It seems to happen
more when it is cold. I've tried releasing the opener and running it
manually. There is no significant binding. The reverse happens at
random locations on the close cycle. If I hold the inside button down
during the close cycle it will close all the way. This all leads me to
think it is the infrared beam that is having problems. I've tried
re-aiming it. The LED on the receiver is on solid when it should be.
Any ideas?
Thanks