Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

Default Vinyl record deck , cartridge / stylus question

n cook ha escrito:

Putting a new but old stock cartridge on a vinyl deck, I'm sure I remember
the problem from years ago but not the cure . Original cartridge & stylus
missing.
Right channel on loud sections has nasty , clipping like, distortion on one
channel.
Swapping cartridge leads the distortion swaps sides.
Maximum weight for this cartridge in the notes is 2 gm but distortion
disappears at 4 to 6 gms.
Is this a problem with radial,centripetal/centrifugal force compensator,
problem with the flexible suspension material on the end of stylus arm or
what ?

are you absolutely sure that the stylus shank is not bent (even
v.slightly?) that has caused exactly this symptom for me in the
past....
-B