Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Default Hydraulic cylinder source?

rich brenz wrote:

Anyone have any suggestions for a source of hydraulic cylinders for a
small bandsaw mod? Google was fairly worthless.

I modified a 7x11" Wellsaw 58B using the smallest Prince cylinder that Surplus
Center sells. This is a new cylinder, unlikely they're out of stock. I think I
paid about $50 for it. The key to this thing is the needle/check valve. I got
two back when I was modifying my saw, don't think I'll ever need the other one.
It's a Parker item, costs a ton new, email me offline if you are interested in
it. It's a check valve/needle valve combo unit, and they work great in series
with a shutoff valve. Set needle valve to desired feed rate, cut your part, lift
saw just enough to clear, throw shutoff valve (saw stays up), move your part to
cut the next one, throw shutoff valve and the saw feeds again.

GWE
To email me, see http://www.tinyisland.com/email.html