Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
~Roy~

Default Hydraulic cylinder source?

The cylinders normally used by most were usually found at The Surplus
Center or American Scientific, both of which no longer have any of
them. They were surplus items so their supplies were limited. I also
have looked for them as I would like to have a few more for some odds
and ends. The only opeion I have come up with is to find a suitable
air cylinder, and perhaps experiment with it. No reason it could not
be made to work. If the seals are satisfactory for the liquid used, an
air cylinder would work just fine, and with the vast array of air
cylinders out there may even work out better in the long run with more
options on mounting etc.

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 08:55:06 -0500, rich brenz
wrote:
Anyone have any suggestions for a source of hydraulic cylinders for a
small bandsaw mod? Google was fairly worthless.

TIA,
Rich

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....