Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks

Default alarm system - residential

"curious" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks, Sparks. This sounds more like it. There are a couple of
problems here. Firstly there isn't a keypad on this Control Panel but
I'm sure that I could still find the lettered terminals. The second
problem is that if the rechargeable battery in the SAB remains charged
then if the wiring is disturbed or disconnected as could happen with
feet when one is trying to crawl around in a tight loft then the SAB
would still activate if they became disconnected. Ideally I need to
deactivate it, remove any possibility of recharging and allow the SAB
batteries to leak their charge away by decay.

Then you either need to go up the ladder, or disconnect the 0v wire
(terminal A) permanently (which will result in the box sounding for 20
minutes) then it should remain silent forevermore (Unless the alarm goes off
of course - but do test this if this is the case!)

The +12v must stay connected, or the box will not sound ever again (when the
alarm goes off, a negative is applied to terminal B, using terminal D as the
+12v)

Sparks...