Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller

Default need a technique

Grant Erwin wrote:

I'm trying to figure out a clever way to ensure that when I cut the second
end it winds up being parallel to the first cut end. Probably doesn't
matter that much

Contrary to the tips of others:
It really isn't that tragic with _round_ pipe. You always can rotate
them a bit when you lay them out on your welding table. Or flip tubes.
When I was working as a steel constructor, we never cared that much
about this with tubes. Just, after the first cut, pull them staight out
of the vice -without rotating- clamp and cut.
They weren't warped more than the rectangular sectioned ones. :-))

Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de