Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tony

Default The "ideal" Dick Cheney hunting accident

Dave's is an angry car mechanic that needs this group to spout off about his
life's frustrations...

shut up and do your oil changes..

"Dave Baker" Dave wrote in message
om...

Robert Swinney wrote in message
Tom sez:

" Please fill in more personal abuse here, I need a good chuckle :

(Swinney
promised me you'd go off)"

Tom, he didn't go off on you - not much! He went off on me a couple of
years ago when I made an honest mistake on a RCM post and commented that
torque was everywhere the same in a transmission link. Of course, that

is
obviously, patently, glaringly wrong. We ranted back and forth a few

times
while I argued in favor of my published typo - soon, I reread the line

and
realized it was incorrect in my mag article.

Not something I remember particularly but I've just had a look back on
Google. It seems the only ranting was from you. All I did, as did several
others, was post corrections to your mistakes - no "going off", no abuse,

no
name calling, just correct physics. Unfortunately the more mistakes you

made
the more embarrassed you got and then you started taking things personally
despite there being others putting you straight as well as myself. Clearly
it was a big thing to you if you remember it so well. I'd forgotten it all
long ago. I wasn't the one making a tit of myself in public though so I
guess that's understandable.

What would I call "going off" is rank abuse and threats of sending one's
friends round to your house because one disagrees with an opinion as per
Tom's posts to me. Sadly that pretty much typifies what the rest of the
world currently dislikes about America. Not so much the world's policeman

as
it likes to think of itself but the world's thug and bully who's knee jerk
reaction, just like Tom's, to anything it doesn't like is violence.
--
Dave Baker
www.pumaracing.co.uk

*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from

http://www.SecureIX.com ***