Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Cutting aluminum with carbide wood cutting blade on tablesaw

When we build patio covers we cut the "C" channels, bracing, and heavy
columns with a 10" chopsaw with a regular 60 tooth wood cutting blade
that was retired from finish work.

I cleaned all the resin and buildup off it before using it on aluminum
an it works great.

I can only imagine the same results in a table saw. No matter what
though, wear your goggles. Those little aluminum chips really fly
around and have sharp edges. They stick in my arm all the time and I
just brush them off. But that wouldn't work in the eyes.

Robert