Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

Default Difference Between Propane and Butane gas bottles?

In message , Andy Hall
writes
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:24:24 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:08:29 +0000, Frank Erskine wrote:

On 28 Feb 2006 14:43:57 -0800, "htmark98"
wrote:

I've been given 2 gas bottles of Butane, now can i use this on my patio
heater and BBQ, the patio heater says only Propane. Havent got my bbq
manual handy yet.

Anyone know if this is safe?

Why not just wear an extra jumper and help to save the ozone layer?

Because wearing any number of jumpers, whether or not you use a patio
heater (running on propane and/or butane) is not likely to make much
difference to the ozone layer.

It might have some effect on global warming though ...

You'd need a lot of patio heaters to do that :-)

You only need enough idiots with one each

--
geoff