Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default Difference Between Propane and Butane gas bottles?

Andy Hall wrote:
"htmark98" wrote:
Do you know if i could exchange these bottles for Propane ones?

There is normally a rental/deposit for the cylinder and then you get
refills.

If you take the cylinder to somewhere that sells that brand of gas,
they may give you something back on an empty, but not otherwise.

A little while ago, I returned a couple of gas bottles that I
had noticed abandoned. Calor were giving £5 per returned bottle
to charity. I don't know whether they still are, their web site
will say. N.B. Calor will only take back their bottles, if they're
a differend "make", they'll have to go back to whoevers they are.