Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JR North

Default need a technique

Simple enough. Lay the pipe on an edge and square it to the edge plane.
Mark the pipe at both ends so both marks are planar. When cutting,
eyeball or make a fixture on the saw to index the marks correctly with
the saw when cutting each end.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Grant Erwin wrote:
I now have a decent abrasive cutoff saw, cuts at 90 and 45 degrees. I
want to make a frame from 2" pipe, 45'ed at the corners. I'm trying to
figure out a clever way to ensure that when I cut the second end it
winds up being parallel to the first cut end. Probably doesn't matter
that much, but I've found that proper cutting seems to really help in
controlling welding distortion, and I'd really like this frame to be
flat (i.e. planar).

GWE

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"