Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman

Default need a technique

Clamp or tack a piece of angle to the pipe. Then use a level to plumb it
before each cut.

Paul K. Dickman

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I now have a decent abrasive cutoff saw, cuts at 90 and 45 degrees. I want
to make a frame from 2" pipe, 45'ed at the corners. I'm trying to figure
out a clever way to ensure that when I cut the second end it winds up being
parallel to the first cut end. Probably doesn't matter that much, but I've
found that proper cutting seems to really help in controlling welding
distortion, and I'd really like this frame to be flat (i.e. planar).

GWE