Bob Powell

Default Mounting a metal shear

(Bruce) wrote in message . com...
I just purchased the Enco 8 inch plate shear. I need to mount it onto
something otherwise when you pull on the handle the shear tilts
forward and you loose the leverage to cut things. I like to keep the
shear portable...Has anyone found a way to do this. The shear has
four mounting holes. I started to build a small stand for it....but
since I got interupted before welding the stand up, I thought I might
ask here before I go any further.

Thanks

Bruce

My smaller shear is bolted to a 3' long 2x6. Works on the ground or a
bench. The 8" ought to work OK attached to something a bit larger.

Bob