Posted to rec.woodworking
Guess who

Default What tool do I need to make a door close again?

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:09:48 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

Well, I put a dab of silicone on my fathers front door that had been
gradually hanging worse and worse for about 4 or 5 years, year round, and
that was 10 years ago and it is still opening and closing fine. This is a
now 32 year old house.

Sometimes the magic works, and sometimes it doesn't. [Chief Dan
George.]

Also, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. My house is much older than
that, and still moving around some. In fact, I just recently redid
the bathroom and had to plane the door slightly so that the newly
applied paint wouldn't be rubbed off. No silicon of use there.

While I have replaced several door and door jambs I some shot a nail
at an angle and nailed the door permanently shut while putting the inside
molding back on. My dad got a big kick out of that. :~)

Mine was stapling a couple of pieces while holding them together with
the other hand.