Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks

Default alarm system - residential

"curious" wrote in message
oups.com...
I installed an alarm system some time ago with the SAB unit in
the bellbox wired in. The problem I face is that if I remove all power
in order to carry out work on the unit or the wiring then the SAB will
activate the siren to the annoyance of all the neighbours. My control
panel is an Accenta G3 and the bellbox is a Vortex YS 09 which has SAB
and SCB functions. I need to alter the wiring to disable the SAB unit
but I am too old to be shinning up ladders and removing covers. I
think that there ought to be a method of changing the wiring at the
Control Panel to cut out the SAB. I know that it reduces the security
aspect of the SAB but I think that that would be a price worth paying
to prevent being "sent to Coventry" by neighbours. Can anyone give me
a suggestion. Regards, Curious

Okay, this is fairly easy to do...
You should have the following wires up to your bell box...

0v
+12v (Permanent)
Tamper
Alarm
Strobe

I don't have my alarm manuals to hand, so can't look up the terminals on
your panel right now.

You just need to make sure the 0v and +12v are kept powered up somehow.
If you can accept a bit of noise for 30 seconds or so, just disconnect the
wires, then connected them to the battery while you work on the panel (This
is what I usually do)

If you are planning on playing with the panel frequently, then just wire
some kind of plug/socket on these wires so you can disconnect them from the
panel, then quickly connect them to the battery - but this is probably not
required!

the only other way would to have a spare pair of wires to the bell box, cut
the + wire on the internal battery in the bell box and connect these two
wires to the two ends - then on the other end, wire in a switch - but that
does means going up the ladder :-)

Sparks...