Grant Erwin

Default Mounting a metal shear

If you have a bench you can clamp it to the bench top with C clamps.
I have a hand-operated punch that I do that with, it works OK.

When you do build a table for it (if you do) then make sure you screw
it to a wall. Really stabilizes things. Also, think about designing
the capability for stops, fence, etc. so you can do repetitive work
accurately.

Um, if you happen to have a big milling machine sitting around you
can use milling clamps to clamp it to one end of the table, should
be plenty stable.

I for one would be interested in how well that works out for you.

Grant

Bruce wrote:

I just purchased the Enco 8 inch plate shear. I need to mount it onto
something otherwise when you pull on the handle the shear tilts
forward and you loose the leverage to cut things. I like to keep the
shear portable...Has anyone found a way to do this. The shear has
four mounting holes. I started to build a small stand for it....but
since I got interupted before welding the stand up, I thought I might
ask here before I go any further.

Thanks

Bruce